Were You Hurt On A Farm Near Modesto?
The soil around Modesto is rich. Unfortunately, when farm and ranch workers are injured, they can quickly become poor. Medical expenses and other bills pile up, and without an income, it can seem impossible to make ends meet.
The good news is that most people who are hurt on the job can seek workers’ compensation benefits. The Law Office of Gary C. Nelson can help you with this. With more than 30 years of experience, our local law firm has the skill to make a difference for you.
Our lawyers are available to represent you if you were injured at:
- An olive orchard such as Sciabica’s
- A dairy farm such as Foster Farms Dairy and Fiscalini Cheese
- A fruit or vegetable farm elsewhere in Stanislaus County
Did you know? Even undocumented workers can seek benefits. Under California law, you are not allowed to be deported for filing a workers’ compensation claim. It should not affect your immigration status in any way.
From Overturned Tractors To Heat Stroke, Workers’ Comp Covers You
If your employer carries workers’ compensation insurance, it doesn’t matter what kind of accident occurred or what type of injury you suffered. It doesn’t even matter if you were injured the very first day on the job. You still have the right to medical care and other benefits.
Let our experienced lawyers help you pursue these benefits. We handle agricultural accidents involving:
- Tractors that tip over, crushing or trapping the worker
- Falls from grain bins, ladders, barn roofs and other structures
- Machinery accidents such as getting an arm caught in a farm auger
- Suffocation from lack of oxygen in silos or grain bins
- Heatstroke or heat exhaustion from working in the sun
- Hearing loss from exposure to high levels of machinery noise
You’re Not Alone — Call For A Free Consultation
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that nearly 100 farm workers like you are injured on the job every day. You’re not alone, and you do have rights. Learn more by calling The Law Office of Gary C. Nelson for a free consultation today: 209-222-4089. You can also reach our Modesto attorneys by email. We’re here to help.